The general trend recently seems to be writing about October. So I will do so.
October is probably my favourite month. Sure, June is my birthday, and December is Christmas, and Easter is… wait, a movable feast. Drat. But anyways, for a number of reasons, October is my favorite.
1. The month is enchanted with red and gold and fading green. Well, in most places. Where I live, the show doesn’t really get going until November, if I remember aright.
Now that I think about it, I should probably delete that first sentence. Too poetical.
2. Where I live, it’s hot from April until, usually, sometime in late September or October. I mean hot as in 90+ degrees Fahrenheit. This summer hit 107, I think. We get all excited when it drops below 85. Plus, I love cold weather.
3. It’s the month of the Rosary. I love the Rosary. It’s easily my favorite prayer.
4. My nameday falls in this month. That would be reason enough, actually… Plus I LOVE St. Teresa of Avila, and her feast day is the day before my name day. (Try and guess who my saint is now.)
5. The dreariness of autumn appeals to me, in most moods, more than the flowers of spring. Why, yes, I do see green polka-dots dancing in front of my eyes, and I do talk in a Gollum voice to my pet rock. (Just kidding. In the second sentence, that. is.)